Zac turned 29 on Friday. Wow we are getting old.
Anyway, a guy from Chase bank who is trying to get the SLC Cache Title branch to bank with them gave us tickets to the Jazz game. I really didn't want to go. I am not the big of a Jazz fan and I didn't want to smooze with Zac's associates. But that is what he really wanted to do for his birthday so I agreed. Come to find out we had tickets to Chase's suite. They feed us great food and David Archaleta sang the national anthem.
At half time I wanted to walk around and check out who owned the other suites. As I was walking around I notice a few people standing outside one suite. There was a guy in a suit standing in the doorway, acting as bodyguard. I was sure that David was in that suit. So I started chatting with the people outside. As I was chatting I looked in the door and low and behold there stood President Monson. I was in shock! He looked over and waved. I was in heaven. Well to make things better our American Idol star was rumored to be coming to meet Pres. Monson. So of course I waited. And he came. I touched his arm and told him Good Luck with American Idol. I was star struck.
Later I was wondering and started taking to another security guy infront of the suite the Archelata family was in. David's darling little sister comes waltzing out of the suite. I started chatting with her and asked her if she could get David to sign my Jazz shirt (they gave them away at the game), and she did!
To top off the night in our suite was Reno Mahie, an Eagles Football player. We chatted with him for awhile and got his autograph as well.
I had so much fun. I think I had a better time than Zac did.
11 years ago

10 comments:
You crack me up. that is really cool that you got to see president monson though. I haven't much kept up with american idol during out move, but i am laughing that you were so star struck! we miss you guys too and can't wait to get together in sept/oct. ish!
How neat! You're probably glad you went to the game now huh? I love getting into the box suites, we got in them for Mariners baseball games in Seattle and it always made me feel a little important (even though we only got in there as gifts from coworkers!). How neat that you got to meet David Archuleta, and you saw Pres Monson! What a cool night for you and your hubby
Wow! I bet you weren't expecting that! Sounds like a fun!President Monson and David Archuleta all in one night.
Are you kidding? That's an awesome night!! How tall is Archuleta?? I'm glad you Zac had a great bday. Also a great website to go to for blog templates is www.pyzam.com.
That was an eventful Jazz game! Glad you had fun and were star struck Suz! Also, cute background!
I have JEALOUS CHILLS right now. That is the greatest night ever. A. mazing. :)
How funny. What a night to remember!
Suz- I was so excited to see a comment from you on my blog! What an exciting night that was, David Archuletta is such a cutie. Tell Zac happy birthday, he really is getting old;) You have such a cute family!
I laughed so hard when I read this post! I totally imagined you through out it all! Sounds like you had a great time!
I was so jealous of you two!! Actually, I really am glad you were able to go... Good birthday for Zac, right? You need to come visit the office soon with your boys!
Post a Comment