Friday, May 23, 2008

My Boys

Well I am once again a stay at home mom. It was a hard decision for me to make but I knew it was the right one. I wasn't sad to leave Target but I had a job interview with IHC. I have wanted to work for them for a long time. I just wanted to get my foot in the door. They have a nursing program that you can go through if you are an employee. But after praying really hard and ready the conference talk about mothers, the song Turn came into my head. It goes "there is a season, turn, turn, turn." That is all I could think about. That there is a time and a season for everything. I only get this time with my children once and it is important. My time will come when I can got back to school and get my nursing degree. I am a firm believer in living life with no regrets so I WILL go back to school and get my nursing degree but now is not the time.

Any way, on a lighter note, we had pics taken at Target a few weeks ago and I just wanted to share them with you all.






23 comments:

Sherwoods said...

My mom lectured me my whole life about the whole time and season thing. Those are super cute pictures of your boys! I can't believe how big they are!

cheeriBABY said...

Super super cute. Wow, they have grown so much. Can't wait to see you in July.

Natasha Ireland said...

Time and a season for SURE. You will get there friend. For now your sweet boys that are getting so big are lucky to have you home. LOVE U.

Brooke said...

Your boys are so cute. I think we need to make an arranged marriage for Easton and Taylor he is so stinkin cute! And I know how you feel about staying at home it's the hardest but best thing I have ever done.

Jess said...

Those are such cute pics!!!!

Josh and Liz said...

Cute little guys! Tough choice. It is hard when two things are both good, I am sure you made the right decision for you. You will do it when the time is right. They grow up to fast.

Anderson Avenue said...

I have had the same battle with myself and the whole staying at home thing. I haven't ever not worked. But I wonder how much I miss out on. I guess 5 hours a day isn't too bad but it is still hard. Love the pictures they look so big!

Shalie said...

Cute pics of your boys! I don't think you will ever regret being a stay at home mom. There will be days that you'll want to go back to work because it is the HARDEST job in the world, but its also the best! Good luck

Krista said...

What little cuties! I admire you for your decision. I have to live by the talk from conference about moments. Sometimes I feel I'd rather be out of the house working. But then I remember those moments of motherhood and it makes it all worth it, and puts things in perspective.

The Mathews Family said...

I had a similar experience about 4 years ago. I haven't worked since. It was such a hard decision, but no regrets :) I heard something a while ago that put it in perspective for me.. it was a ratio comparing how long each phase of our lives are and well, basically it said that only one quarter of our life we spend raising our children and only on tenth while they are little! I thought to myself, "can't I get it together for one tenth of my life?" lol ;)

Good luck with your new phase and your goal to get your nursing degree!! SUch an awesome career.

allison wright said...

suz i am so glad you come save your seat so i still get to see you on sundays, why do they have to change ward boundaries? you do have the cutest boys in the world and although hard i think you made the right choice.

Kim said...

You're boys are adorable, and so lucky to have a mom who has her priorities straight. Staying at home is always an adjustment, but the best things come from it. By the way, the blog address you have for us is our old one..the new one is harrisfamily-kim.blogspot.com. Hope all is great with your family!

Latida108 said...

Hey haven't seen you in a long time! Let's get together soon! Darling pics of the boys! How lucky you are to have them, and they are lucky to have you! I feel the same, it's the hardest but best thing to be a SAHM.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I am so proud of you suz. I say the same thing to myself everyday that raising kids is the season of my life. Way to go! On your death bed you'll never wish you worked more, but you will be glad you got to spend every wonderful or terrible waking moment with them! I love all the pictures of your boys! They are beautiful!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Adorable pictures!!! They did a really great job! I didn't know Target even had an area to take pics!?

Putting off a nice nursing degree was tough I am sure, but spending all the time in the world with your kids is priceless, and what you wrote was soo sweet!

Sarah said...

Staying home is such a hard decision. I'm working one day a week and feel guilty about that, but don't want to lose my license. Anyway, you will love being with your BOYS! super cute picutres by the way!

Amy said...

Your boys are super cute! I agree with everything everyone else said! I have no doubt you are a wonderful mom.

Shaeli said...

Suz, I think you're awesome :)

Stefanie and Jeff said...

Suz: This is Stefanie Shelby's little sister.... look how cute and grown up your boys are! I was looking at Nate's sad blog and I saw you were on there! You really need to teach nate some things on blogging!
Stef

Cody said...

AHHHHH! I can't believe I found you!!!! Emily and I were talking the other day and we were wondering what you're up to?! Check out my blog. www.boucherbombshell.blogspot.com

I miss your smile Suz!

Emily Vickery said...

Hey Suz! This is Emily Poulson- it has been a long time and I'm happy to see that things seems really good for you! Cody is in Provo and we are getting together next month. Anyway, if you are interested, we'd love to see ya. I'm a Vickeryvamps.blogspot. Hope all is well-take care!p.s.- your boys are beautiful.

Erin Fanello said...

suz how are you, of course I remember you, we got to be good friends in Chem 101 remember? How are you doing? You have such a cute family too! I am glad you found us, write me back and let me know where and how you are! Take care!

Marcy M Miller said...

Cute blog! I saw your blog on Jon and Ashley's. I'm glad that you are able to stay home with your kids! Hope things are going good! Cute Pics of the boys. www.zak-marcy.blogspot.com