So yesterday, for the first time in my life, I braved the crowds of BLACK FRIDAY! My friend Jennie and I decided to try it out. We had so much fun! WARNING:this is a long post but worth the reading! I think I might have a new most embarrassing moment.
Our first stop was Shopko because it opened at 5am. We pulled up around 4:45 and line was wrapped around the building. We waited in the car because we truly didn't care if we were the first ones in or not, plus it was raining. Only CRAZY people stand in the rain (notice my sarcasm, you will see why in a sec). Anyway, so we got in line just a few minuets before they opened. Then it was 5 and we were off. My first stop was the electronics while Jennie headed for the toys. No such luck on finding a Wii. It is nearly impossible. So I headed back to the toys. It was so crowded. I had some lady running over my heals with her cart and it wasn't just once. It was almost like she was a sheep dog nipping at my heals to get me to move faster. After the first time I expected her to say sorry but nothing. I finally turned around and said, "Excuse Me." She just looked at me and was like "I was just trying to get out of there way." GRRRRR. She wasn't the only mean person I encountered.
Our next stop was Target because they opened at 6. When we got there the line was wrapped around the store. I felt like I had to walked a full mile before we found the end of the line. We stood in the RAIN for about 10 min. before they let us in. It was a serious mad house. I thought Shopko was bad and boy was I wrong. So Jennie and I did the same split up. As I was going to look for Wii's I was trying to push my way through a crowd that didn't seem to be moving. Then this women said to me in a really angry voice. "There is no were to go lady" and shoved her body into my narrow gap I was trying to sneak through. I just looked at her in surprise.
After Target we headed for Toys R Us in Layton. The crowds were not as bad, but the line to check out...that is another story. It started at the door right as you walked in and wound around the isle to the back of the store and then back up the registers. Jennie hopped in line and I went shopping. I was looking for an Elmo chair and I couldn't find one. I asked the sales guy and he said they were gone. Dang! Then as Jennies was winding through the car seat isle there it was, stuffed between them. YAY!!!! Jennie your my hero.
We then went to Shopko in Layton to take back some things. I had to pee so bad. I headed for the bathroom, walked in and got a few feet in the door and looked over and saw a urinal. It didn't quit register to me why there was a urinal in the girls bathroom. Then the guy washing his hands said "Welcome" I was like oh oops. Not knowing what to say I said "I guess this isn't the first time I have been in the boys bathroom" and I walked out.
It was an eventful day. We didn't get home until around 10am. I think I might just brave the crowds again next year and yes Jennie I will be dragging you with me!
11 years ago

13 comments:
OH Suz that is so funny! I have to say that I have never done the black friday I would just get to mad. I think I could go if my only intention was to just watch people. And I can do that any time.
Hilarious bathroom. It's funny how mean people can get. When I worked at shopko I swore I would never do black Friday but I have gone the past couple years and think it is so fun. Love the bathroom story!
At least the guy wasn't using the urinal...
Was it worth it? Did you find any amazing deals? I went a couple years ago to Shopko and I couldn't believe the line to check out. Although, I accidentally cut in line, not realizing it went to the back of the store. I was only buying 2 board games (the only ones they had left at 5:15!)
yeah, i will brave them with you again next year! we make a good shopping team when we don't have our kids dragging us down
I love love love black friday its so much fun! Im glad you braved it and even want to go back next year! I like to watch all the crazy people too. I went private so I need your email so I can add you thanks :)
That is funny! You are brave to shop on black friday, the sales are not worth the hassel for me :) I wish I was more of a shopper, but I'm not! That's pretty funny about the bathroom, at least no one was using one of the urinals!
Oh my gosh!! SO FUNNY!!! Did you guys end up finding a Wii? I have seen a few out here. Do you want me to keep an eye out for you?
I LOVE blach Friday!!! I live for it all year!
This is the first time I haven't been shopping on Black Friday and I have to say I kind of missed it. Then I read your story and realized I didn't miss it at all. Your bathroom scene made me laugh so hard. I hope you got everything you were searching for.
I haven'y been for a couple of years, but we always took like 4 people with us. One to get in line and one to go to each department. It is great fun!! love the story in the men's room.
You really did have an eventful morning!! You got home about the time I was getting out of bed!!
What a good looking family!! Merry Christmas. I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you. Lots of love
I'm so glad someone else has walked into the boys bathroom and said something retarded... :)
Post a Comment