Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nebraska

Last week we decided to take a trip to Nebraska to see Zac's dad and sister. We left on Thursday night and got there Friday morning. It took us 13 hours. BLAH! The boys did great, but the drive Sucked! But it was so worth it!

Here is the week:

Saturday: Zac is a HUGE Univeristy of Nebraska (Huskers) fan. We got tickets and sat our butts in the freezing and I mean freezing cold. I wore 1 pair of long johns, 2 shirts, a sweat shirt, a down coat, a hat, a hoody, my coat hood and more! I still froze my butt off but we had a great time!




Wende watched the boys while we went. They had so much fun! The cute neighbor boy came over and played. They played Wii, and it is Easton's new favorite thing. He got really good at it by the time we left. I think his high on bowling was a 192 or something.


Thanks Aunt Wende!

We took the kids to the zoo on Monday. It was awesome. I have been to the zoo before but didn't appreciate how great it was until I went with the boys. They have and indoor jungle, were you walk through this tree. None of the animals are caged. It is really cool! The pic below is in the Jungle.

If you look close you can see 2 little monkeys in the tree.


Da Babber's all bundled up at the zoo.


If you look close you can see the penguin above Easton's right shoulder.

They had this really awesome penguin exhibit and Easton found a new friend. He kept calling him Cody Mavrick from the movie Surf's up, which he loves! It was so cute the penguin followed him around. He loved it!

We also went shopping and took the boys to Madagascar 2.

The drive home took us FOREVER . We left at 11:30 am and arrived home at 2 am. It was not fun! We were so glad to finally not be driving anymore that we got out of the car and went straight to bed. We didn't even unpack our toothbrushes until the morning.

Thanks guys for letting us come and play! We need to do it more often.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was awesome having you here!!--Wende

Jenny said...

Those twelve hour drives do Suck. Capital S included. Looks like you had fun. Glad you made it back in one piece.

Jess said...

It looks like you guys had fun! I can't believe how cold it was there because it's been really nice here. You look like you're freeing!

cheeriBABY said...

Oh my gosh! Looks like tons of fun! It is so wierd to see people all bundle up. It has been 75 here this weekend.

Marcy M Miller said...

What a fun trip. The zoo sounds so awesome. The long drive in the car does stink especially with kids. When we lived in WA, it was 15 hours to drive home- YUCK. I'm so glad we live closer.

Reena Bostock said...

Sounds like you all had such a good time! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. How cold was it there in Nebraska?

The Burninghams said...

Hello cutie pie!! You guys are adorable!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

BRRRRR!!!! The game reminds me of Ohio State games where the whole stadium is full of red!
The jungle looks pretty cool!

Lindsey Smith said...

What a trip, your a trooper. We had a 16 hour drive with one and I never want to do it again. But there is nothing better than a little get away with fam.