Now that I have the Christmas cards under control I can post about whats been going on in our world.
Since Thanksgiving my little Gaber has been sick. He hasn't slept well at all, has been running a fever.He hasn't been eating very well so I just thought he had been teething all week. Well Tuesday morning he woke up with a goopy eye and a really runny nose, so I took him to the Dr. thinking that he just had a really bad cold and maybe an ear infection. Boy was I wrong. It was strep. What is it with our family and strep. Well the Dr. thinks one of us is carrier so we are all on antibiotics so we can hopefully quit getting it now. So we are thinking we are in the clear right...Wrong! We found out that Gabe is allergic to the antibiotic and he got a really bad rash all over his little body. He was miserable. He still wouldn't sleep, eat and he wanted was to be held and he would just sit and cry. That is so not like my little Gaber. He is usually so happy. So I called the Dr. yesterday and they finally changed his meds. He is still really fussy but he is finally eating! We are slowing getting Mr. personality back. Thank goodness!
11 years ago

12 comments:
Poor little guy. I hope he gets feeling better soon. I hate when babies get sick, its just so sad because they are so helpless. At least we know to run to the toilet to puke and can tell people what's wrong with us. I hope he gets better soon, he's definitely in our thoughts.
Oh how miserable. I hope everyone gets feeling better.
Hey guys,
It's Amy and Marcus Webb. We came across your blog through another family member. Your kids are so cute. We hope that you are doing well.
Strep has got to be one of the most awful things in the world! I hope you all get better soon. I also loved your Black Friday. Lets just say your a better woman than I to even try!
Dang it, poor kid. I hope he gets feeling better soon.
This is such a sad post! Poor little baby. I hate it when my kids are sick, specially when they are sick. Hope he feels better soon.
Your blog is wonderful and you are so cute!
I meant specially when they are babies! :)
We got your Christmas card today. You have such a beautiful family. Thanks for sending one to us.
I could tell he wasn't himself at lunch the other day. Is he better now?? Poor little guy!
How sad for your little one. My little boy was a chronic strep carrier! We finally had his tonsils taken out because we would all keep continuously getting strep! We haven't had it since! YAY! Sorry- I didn't leave my address for christmas cards- I feel bad recieving cards this year because I haven't had any time to send any out! But Merry Christmas, hope you all get feeling better!( my other little boy had an allergic reaction too! No Fun!)
Suz, that is awful! Evie got strep when she was really little, too. I guess kids that age aren't even supposed to be able to acquire the virus, but some just do. ARen't we the lucky ones?!
Post a Comment