Wednesday, January 23, 2008

and...

I forgot to add on very important things to my list. Trying to teach Easton to go potty on the big boy potty. My goal was to have him potty trained by his 3rd birthday which is on the 4th. Well that isn't going to happen. My child has a plan of his own. I made him a chart and got him a treat bucket and told him he could have a Thomas train if he went poopy in the big boy potty. Let me just tell you it was a day from hell . I tried to teach him to shoot the Cheerios and he did it a few times but the harder I pushed the harder he pushed back. He knows how to go potty and when he needs to go potty but he won't do it on the potty. He refuses. So it is going to have to be on his time and on his terms. I talked to the pediatrician and he says that some kids are just that way. So we will keep our fingers crossed that it happens sooner than later. I am so sick of changing stinky diapers.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Amen! I am going through the same thing with my little boy :) He actually does really good if I just let him run around naked, but he has to wear clothes sometime.

P.S I am Emily Stauffers sister-in-law. Your family is super cute.

The Hoths said...

hey Suz, I want to see your new haircut. How short is it? With potty training Halli I set the timer every 30 minutes and everytime it dinged she knew she had to sit on the potty. She had it down in 4 days. But I hear that boys are ALOT HARDER than girls. Good luck!

Sherwoods said...

Wow, good luck with that. that is definitely one thing that I am NOT looking forward to in this motherhood thing! let me know any secrets you figure out!

Amber Bradley said...

No Fun! I got an Elmo movie from Walmart...and it made Jaxson way excited about it. It was interesting to watch how that is what helped him because it was on his level and I wasn't. We tried with him a few times but the last time we tried that was what did it! I would try and find it if you can...it worked for him! Good Luck!

Ashlee said...

First I want to see your new hair!! Second have you tried leaving him naked? That worked for my sister inlaw with both boys. Also she would put him on the toilet and leave the room. and tell he call me when your done. then there is not pressure.

Anderson Avenue said...

I am in the same boat. Avree has a mind of her own and I think I just have to wait until she is ready! She goes every once in a while but not all of the time. I also cut my hair off. It is way easier to do now and it saves me time in the mornings. And any time you save with two kids is well worth it.

Josh and Liz said...

Oh no! I was thinking Harrison would just magically come around and stop fighting the potty by his birthday on the 17th, but sounds like I better take a chill till he is ready! Hang in there, My mom always says "He will stop before he turns 16" Ha Ha very funny!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I want to see your new haircut! Sounds like you have been really really busy! Good luck with the whole potty training thing.....I am not looking forward to that with my son.

Natasha Ireland said...

Great suggestions from your friends comments, MAN that is coming much sooner then I want w/ Taylor.... YIKES. Good Luck Suz. PS. Your hair is a big change, but you look super HOT. HOT MAMA as always.... PS> I cut mine way short too, an A LINE still getting used to it. Hope I get to see you soon. I miss u guys.