Friday, February 29, 2008

GOOD NEWS





I HAVE BEEN PROMOTED. I am now going to be a supervisor over the cashiers! I am really excited to start! I am just not excited about training for 2 weeks straight. So in honor of this occasion I thought I would tell you some of the things I have learned about working at Target.

1. If you put more than 2 carts together they are really hard to push.
2. Being a cart attendant SUCKS!
3. People get really pissed over a dollar.
4. People don't know how to put stuff back were it belongs, even if it is 2 inches away.
I used to be one of these people. NOT ANYMORE! FYI give it to the cashier. We have a special bin just for these things, and I promise we don't get made.
5. Old people need step by step instructions on how to use their debit cards.
6. Putting peoples stuff back were it belongs isn't fun!
7. Folding clothes is an art that I am not good at.
8. Target's CEO needs to rethink the return policy. IT SUCKS! I would like to see him behind the counter with a guest yelling at him. Maybe he would reconsider.
9. People are clever when it comes to stealing things. I never new how smart thieves could be.
Eventually they do get caught.
10. You are being watched every moment you are in a store. Talk about big brother. There are hundreds of cameras in our store.

That is my 10 for now. If I think of anymore I will let you know.

15 comments:

Trisha said...

I actually like Target's return policy! It's better than some other stores... Anyway, they are super fast with returns, I don't have to give them my card again and the service desk is RIGHT at the entrance to the store. (You do need your receipt, but I've managed to keep track of that when I really needed to:)
ANYWAY- Congrats!!!- on your promotion, and good luck with the training, blah. And I am making an effort to put things back from now on- or gie to the cashier!

carlyl said...

Yeah, I am excited for you. I am for sure going to keep a better eye on my kids and where they put things back at. I love Target, it is by far my favorite store of all time.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I LOVE TARGET! It's my favorite store! Being a cashier is tough somtimes eh! I know the feeling! Old people do need step by step instructions on how to use their debit cards! hahah
I always wondered how the "art" of folding clothes was performed? COuld you give me some tips.

Nick and Leila said...

I didn't know you worked at Target. Let me know when you work and I'll come visit!

Anderson Avenue said...

Target is also one of my faves! I love their kids clothes! You do learn a lot being a cashier. I worked as one in the mall you learn a lot about people. Congrats on the promotion that is awesome. Maybe if I am in the area I will have to come and see you. (We come down to shop all of the time!)

Ashlee said...

Congrats!! I Love Target! And I can see why those 10 things could be bad. But hey someones got to do them! But I am with you on lazy people. I will walk all the way across the store to put something back. Or across the parking lot to put the cart in the cart place. Jaysa and I get so mad at people who wont walk five more steps and put the cart away. So she says thats what she wants to do when she gets big. Good luck!

Josh and Liz said...

Good to know! I hear you on the return policy. It used to be alot easier, but now you can only return something 2 times a year unless you have a reciept so any duplicate gifts (like from christmas) you have to ask friends for a reciept unless you have a gift registry, so my new idea (you'll have to tell me if it would work)) is to registar before Christmas and birthdays so I don't have to deal with the hassle, plus grandparents will know what the kids want!
Congrats on the promotion!

Natasha Ireland said...

This is a funny list. I Actually HATE HATE HATE the return policy. I swear they are SO ANAL and it really has caused me grief MORE then a few times in my life.
MISS U , Miss your boys.

Jess said...

PLEASE get them to change their return policy!!

Shalie said...

Suz,
isnt' it funny how you can find so many people with this blogging thing?! I found your blog through Jon and Jamie, and I have to say, your family is SO cute! It's so fun to see how people from High school are doing. Anyways, just wanted to say hi.
Shalie Hutchings (Morgan)

Sarah said...

Congrats on the promotion. I'm glad you're liking it so much. I don't put things back where they go at the store, but I'll be better from now on . . . I promise!

Monica Mary said...

Suz! So excited that I saw you today-and I am happy for your promotion. Especially because that's the reason I saw you! What a cute little family you have. Glad to be in touch even if my husband doesn't think it qualifies. We know better...

Monica

The Mathews Family said...

What would we do without Target?!! Congrats on your promotion :)

Shalie said...

That is neat tha tyou got a promotion! I love target, Logan needs one REALLY bad. I've been hearing that we're getting one for about two years now. Grant works for century 21, and he does development with my dad (its a new thing). We are still trying it all out. We may just go back to Spokane next year, I liked it there better than Cache Valley! But Smithfield is nice, I really like living up here. How do you like Woods X? How love have you guys lived down there? It was so good to hear from you. Take care

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

YEAH! Congrats! Target is my most favorite place in the world! I am probably the person who gets mad over a dollar!!!! Work it girl! Love ya!