
Monday was a really sad day for me. I went to a funeral for a good friend of mine.
His name is Cody Openshaw. He passed way in his sleep. They think it was due to some medication he was taking but they aren't for sure yet.
I have known him since the 6th grade. We have been good friends up until I got married and then we saw each other on occasion. Besides my Grandma's funeral this was the hardest one that I have ever been to. His family and friends had amazing stuff to say but I will truly miss him. He had so much ahead of him, but I guess the Lord needed his faithful servant.
On a lighter note. I saw my good friend Kelly. We went to the funeral together and then went out to lunch. It was so good to see her and just sit down and chat. It was just like old times. She has been happily married now for 7 months. She is living in Logan while working at Bridge and finishing up school. Her husband is working for a marketing company shotting videos and commercials.

8 comments:
That is a really cute picture of you and Kelly. I love your skirt. The background is awesome too! Sorry about the funeral.
Suz you look so darling. miss ya
I'm glad that you were able to go to the funeral. That's so sad. On a happy note - we need to start doing things. Especially because it's finally warm outside!!
Suz I am so sorry. I am thinking of you and hope that you are doing well. It was also so good to see kellie! It was nice to hear what she was up to! You two look awesome! Miss the dancing days!
Hey Suz,
It was good to see you guys at the funeral. I'm sorry I wasn't more talkative, it was a really really hard day for me. I had been mourning for Cody all week and I was so emotionally drained I could barely walk. You look so cute by the way! Next time we see each other hopefully its on a happier day and we can play catch up!
It's hard when a friend passes away. I have known Cody Openshaw since the first grade. My mom called me a few days before the funeral to let me know. He was a bright guy who loved life! I hope his family is doing well.
You don't know me, I'm a blog hopper! But Cody Openshaw was a good friend of mine, before he moved (pre-6th). I don't live in Cache Valley anymore and I was so shocked to see your post!! I'm sorry it was so hard for you. My thoughts are with you and his family!
Post a Comment