Monday, October 20, 2008

Birthday boy!

Ahhh I am feeling so much better thanks to antibiotics! I don't know what I would have done without it. Anyway, Gaber's birthday was on the 6th. The lucky little dude got to have 2 birthday parties. One at Grammy and Poppy's and then one here with Zac's fam. So lets start with the one at my Mom and Dad's.

We spent the weekend there from the 3-5th and we had a lot of fun! Swimmin in the hot tub, playing with cousins, going to Beverly Hills Chihuahua (not recommended) and just hanging out. On Sunday we had my brother's and their families over for dinner at my parents house. We ate spaghetti because Gaber loves it! We sang happy birthday and Easton helped him blow out the candle. Then we let him dive into some cake. Ok, so he didn't dive, he had to be helped. He wasn't really sure of the whole thing. He liked sticking his hands in it and squishing it through his fingers but he didn't really care about eating it. Then all the cousins decided to dig in too. It was fun!



Do I have something on my face? He even had it in his hair.


Little Mister showing you how old he is!



You can't see it but he is watching Easton sing.


I love the look on his face!


All done!

Lots of fun toys!

Okay now lets do the party at our house. Zac's mom flew in from Vegas on the 10th and stayed for the weekend. We had Zac's sister over on Saturday afternoon to watch the Husker (Nebraska football. My husband is a die hard fan) game. We ate lots of treats and watched a good game, but I don't remember if they won or not. It was to long ago. Anyway, then that night we had Zac's aunt, her husband, his cousin and her little boy over for a party. I made Gaber a monkey cake because that is my nick name for him. (I didn't get a dang pic of the cake before he layed into it.) We had pizza for dinner and then of coarse we let him have at it once again. He did the same thing, he just played in the frosting and didn't eat it. He loved it!

I am so bad but I didn't get hardly any pics at our house.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

awww the monkey cake looks cute! what a cute little one year old.

Cassie said...

My brother in law who is 33 just had his tonsils taken out along with annoids. He said it wasn't as bad as everyone warned him it would be. I hope you do well. My little boy just had his taken out in January. He did really good. Just a day or two of crying and he was back on his feet! Don't you wish we could bounce back as well as little kids do?!

Jess said...

Those are such cute pics. I still can't believe he's one already. I'm glad he had a good birthday. I haven't talked to you this week. Anything fun going on?

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

ADORABLE!!! So cute! I love how he was holding up his finger. Luke had no idea on his first birthday or even his second! I've got to get working on that! Looks like he got spoiled rotten! He's beautiful suz! I also just had a dream about you and Tullers! I dreamed that I couldn't find my dance shoes and we were about to go on! You were trying to help me find them! I woke up in a sweat!