Friday, January 23, 2009

27 and feeling old

For some reason this birthday has been a little bit harder than the other ones. I am 27. I am no long in my early or mid 20's. I am now in my LATE 20's. I am closer to 30 than I am 20. So needless to say I am feeling kinda old. I remember when my brothers were 27 and thinking that they were really old. I don't feel 27. I still feel 21 or even younger. WOW time flies.
Anyway, enough of my rantings. I did have a great birthday! My little sister in another life, Michele took me to dinner on Monday the 12. Well as we were eating I called Zac because some people form our ward were there and they said we had been evacuated. The refinery was on fire. Zac said that it wasn't mandatory, the kids were in bed and he didn't want to leave. I was a little worried. Michele and I were suposed to go to a movie but I went straight home instead. I talk to some officers on my way home and they said that if it was really bad they would have made it madatory, but we could do what we wanted to do. That made me feel better and we ended up not leaving.
My mom came down on my birthday(thursday the 15th) and brought me a cake in my new cookie sheet! I was so excited for a cookie sheet. Lame I know but I only have one good one. She watched the boys while Jennie (my good friend) took me to Macaroni grill. We had so much fun. They came and sang to me and I told him how old I was and our waiter was like noway! I thought you were like 23ish. That made my day! The boys sent me flowers they were beautiful (see pic below). Zac got me and him a new ring. He lost his wedding at the gym a few months back and we had been looking for matching ones. I wanted to wear it on my right hand. They ended up not being same same but they do go together.
Then Friday we went to Market Street grill with Jennie and Tyson and we tried orysters for the first time. YUCK! I will never eat them again. That night Zac and I stayed at the Radisson. Thanks Hollie and Den for taking the kids. Your the best! Saturday we got up and went to the Cafe Sabor in Park City for lunch. It was sooooo yummy. I would eat there everyday if I could. Then we did some shopping. I got a new "real" swimsuit. My New Year's resolution is to do a triathonlon, so I need a suit, goggles, swim cap and new running shoes to train in. I have yet to use them but I promise I will. I take that back, I have used the shoes. We went to see Marley and Me later that night. I balled my eyes out, even though I new what was coming from reading the book, then we went back to the hotel. We had so much fun staying up late and getting movies on demand. Thanks Zac for a great weekend. Your the best!

My boys, my flowers and my cake
(not the best pic but all I had)

Easton put the candles on. He was so proud of himself.
My new ring, not the best pic but it is really cool.
It is made out of carbonite or something like that.

12 comments:

The Brown Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Looks like you got way spoiled, you deserve it!

Erin Davis said...

Happy Birthday! I don't want to turn 27 either! It looks like you had a fun birthday though!

Alana Lange said...

Happy Birthday Suz! You still look like you're in your early
20's! Sounds like you had a great day!

Unknown said...

Happy late birthday! Glad you had a fun one! I am alomost 27 and I know how you feel-it SUCKS! It seems like yesterday we were in high school, where has all the time gone!!!

Jennie said...

eh don't worry about being 27! It is what it is, ya know? And you are beautiful and so it does not matter how old you are. I am glad you had good birthday times and that I was there to help celebrate. I LOVE YOU!!!

Marcy M Miller said...

Happy Birthday, You had quite the birthday,lucky you. You look great for 27!

Kasey Sanders said...

Happy Birthday! I know what you mean about getting older!

The Jones Family said...

Happy Birthday Suz. Looks like you had a fun weekend.
You have cute boys.

A C said...

Suz, this is your cousin Ashley! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on your blog, but happy late b-day! You look great, and don't worry, you're not old! Crazy, my b-day is in a few weeks too. Anyway, I'm going to do a better job at keeping in touch.

Kim said...

Happy Happy BIrthday! You sure don't look a day over 21! your beautiful. And what a fun weekend!! You've got a great family to treat you like the queen you are! Enjoy 27, it's not so bad.

Reena Bostock said...

Happy Belated Birthday SUZ!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a hard time with turning 27. I tell people I'm 23 it makes me feel a little better. Then my kids remind me that I'm older by yelling, "liar!"

Dennis & Hollie said...

Suz...Are you REALLY that old? I don't believe it. Even if it IS true...Remember, no matter how old you get, you will never be as old as your husband! Love you!
Hollie